Bike to Work Tips
1. Plan your route ahead of time. Use
2. Before you bike to work, plan where you will store your bike during work hours. Will you need a bike lock?
3. Wear a helmet.
4. Wear visible clothing. If it’s darker wear reflective clothing and/or reflective stripes and use flashing lights.
5. Never wear head phones!
6. Check your tires (tire pressure is written on the tires) and your brakes before you leave.
7. Bring a water bottle and a change of clothes in your back pack. If your ride is going to be strenuous, you may want to also bring along a bar of soap, face cloth, deodorant and a comb.
8. If you live too far from work, consider the Park ‘n’ Ride option, or take the bus part way and cycle the rest.
Local bike clubs- Sunshine Coast Cycling www.sunshinecoastcycling.ca
Bike Safety advise for children- LIFECycle- www.lifecycle.ca
Women’s Cycling Bike to Work—Tips from a Three-Season Commuter www.womenscycling.ca
Bike Sense The Manual- http://www.bikesense.bc.ca/courses.htm
For instructions on How to Register and Create a
|2011 Sign-up sheet.pdf||239.69 KB|
|Instructions for registering a BTWW Team.doc||25 KB|